ONLINE-FORUM (May 20, 2021)
INTERNATIONAL COMPLIANCE DAY 2021
About the event
Business Format invites you to take part in the International Forum – INTERNATIONAL COMPLIANCE DAY 2021, which will be held on May 20, 2021 in ONLINE format.
Who will participate: Heads of Compliance and Risks, Internal Control and Audit, Legal Service and Economic Security from commercial banks, international companies, industrial groups and Holdings.
Relevance of the event: It is already obvious that the last year was unprecedented, both for the business in general and for the Compliance sphere in particular. The COVID-19 pandemic has seriously affected the global economic situation and caused a global crisis, in which there are more avenues for fraud and managerial errors. As a consequence, to combat these threats, companies must remain extra vigilant in establishing and implementing robust corporate compliance measures.
Therefore, this year at the forum in an open dialogue with leading experts in the field of Compliance and Forensic, we will discuss the best international practice in the implementation of corporate compliance programs, as well as management actions and measures to ensure corporate compliance to combat possible fraud in this difficult time.
Key topics for discussion this year:
HEADLINE DISCUSSION: “CORPORATE COMPLIANCE STRATEGIES AND COVID-19: LESSONS OF THE PANDEMIC AND LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE”
SESSION ON INNOVATION: “DIGITAL COMPLIANCE. HOW TECHNOLOGIES CHANGE THE COMPLIANCE SPHERE “
RISK SESSION: “COMPLIANCE CONTROL AND STRATEGIC RISK MANAGEMENT”
FORENSIC SESSION: “COMPLIANCE TOOLS TO PREVENT CORPORATE FRAUD”
FINAL PANEL DISCUSSION: COMPLIANCE OF THE FUTURE – IS BUSINESS READY FOR SUCH CHANGES?
Additional benefits of participating in the Forum:
- The program of the Forum contains only the most INTERESTING and TOPICAL!
- Authoritative composition of SPEAKERS and EXPERTS!
- DIRECT ACCESS to the best practices and practices of your colleagues from different countries!
- All opportunities for PROFESSIONAL GROWTH!
- Useful professional contacts and new BUSINESS PARTNERS!
Forum Organizers – the Company «BUSINESS-FORMAT»
In case of any questions, you can contact the organizers by phone: +38 (056) 375-72-80 / 81/82/03 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forum photo gallery
09.30 – 11.00 – HEADLINE DISCUSSION – OPENING OF THE FORUM: “CORPORATE COMPLIANCE STRATEGIES AND COVID-19: PANDEMIC LESSONS AND LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE”
Proposed issues for discussion:
- How companies’ compliance policies are changing under the influence of COVID-19. Organization of the company’s business processes taking into account the requirements of corporate compliance in the context of global constraints
- What is needed for real business compliance? International experience and Ukrainian realities.
- Practice of building an anti-corruption compliance system in the company.
- Opportunities for businesses to counter corruption. Reputation as a business asset.
- Practical aspects and features of the sanctions compliance function. The era of cyber sanctions.
- Features of the organization of the compliance system in banks and financial companies.
11.00 – 11.30 – coffee break
11.30 – 13.00 – RISK-SESSION: “COMPLIANCE CONTROL AND STRATEGIC RISK MANAGEMENT”
Whether your company has a robust compliance program or is just under development, preventive measures during a crisis of this magnitude should include an assessment of the internal and external risks facing the company. Such risks may include: an increase in suspicious business activity; questionable payments to third parties; cybersecurity threats caused by the increase in the volume of remote work; misconduct of dismissed or forced leave employees and many, many other fraudulent actions.
Questions for discussion:
- Identification of the main compliance risks for the business and their reflection in the company’s compliance policies. What are the most effective compliance risk management methods today?
- Ways to develop an effective compliance control system. International practice and standards.
- Development of global business integrity standards and new risk areas.
- Business ethics as a risk compliance management tool.
- How to assess and manage tax risks?
13.00 – 14.00 – lunch break
14.00 – 15.30 – FORENSIC- SESSION: “COMPLIANCE TOOLS FOR PREVENTING CORPORATE FRAUD”
Questions for discussion:
- Algorithms for investigating corporate fraud: methods and expert advice.
- Evidentiary strength of data obtained during forensics and criminal consequences of internal investigations.
- Compliance in relations with competitors and counterparties.
- Compliance risk management in procurement.
- Basic tools for international investigations, tracing and asset recovery. Legal support of investigations.
15.30 – 16.00 – coffee break
16.00 – 17.30 – INNOVATION SESSION: “DIGITAL COMPLIANCE. HOW TECHNOLOGIES CHANGE THE COMPLIANCE SPHERE”
Questions for discussion:
- Transformation of the compliance function and tools to improve the efficiency of compliance procedures in the company.
- What challenges do compliance services face due to global business digitalization?
- Application of innovative technologies for business ethics and compliance purposes (artificial intelligence in operational compliance, compliance robots, big data and cloud solutions in compliance)
- An example of a really working innovative compliance system in a company (adaptation of international practices, implementation experience, broadcasting to subsidiaries, automated controls, digitalization of processes, etc.)
17.30 – 18.00 – FINAL PANEL DISCUSSION: “COMPLIANCE OF THE FUTURE – IS BUSINESS READY FOR SUCH CHANGES?”
The new era of technology and data convergence is now enabling the development of compliance and ethics programs that incorporate fundamentally new approaches. In other words, the compliance service of the future must be progressive and ready for digital transformation and new technologies!
How can I do this?
- Full involvement in the Company’s digital transformation plan and selection of the right set of competencies for working with new technologies,
- Active interaction with decision makers on major digital initiatives,
- Preventing potential catastrophic losses due to regulatory inconsistencies,
- Early identification of compliance risks associated with digital initiatives, active and prompt response to possible problems,
- Review and analysis of the main mistakes of digital transformation of the compliance department in the Company.
Summing up the discussion and the end of the Forum
* The organizers reserve the right to make changes and additions to the program of the Forum (follow the update information on our website – www.business-format.com.ua)
Compliance and Ethics Director, KYIVSTAR JSC (Ukraine)
Director, Compliance Service Europe and Eurasia “RIO TINTO” (Great Britain)
Founder and managing partner of Saivena Group (since 1999), director of Saivena-Audit, attorney and certified auditor.
Ethics and Compliance Director of the largest brewing company AB InBev Efes (manufacturer BUD, Stella Artois, Velkopopovický Kozel, Corona Extra, etc.)
Investigator “Business Ombudsman Council” (Ukraine)
Chief Compliance Officer at ForteBank JSC, Kazakhstan
Ethics & Compliance Global Head – Business Groups «Nokia»
Head of Personal Data Protection Practice, Nota Group (Ukraine) Chairman of Digital Ukraine Association
Compliance and Administration Support Legal Manager Legal Department «Carlsberg Ukraine»
Legal Affairs Group Leader Country Cluster East Europe & Belarus «BASF Ukraine»
Director of Legal Affairs and Government Relations, SAINT-GOBAIN CIS
Member of the Board of Directors, Independent Director, Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, member of the Risk Committee, Appointment and Remuneration Committee of MTBank (Belarus)
Head of Compliance Service, TASKOMBANK JSC (TASGroup), Ukraine.
Managing Partner of CleverAgri, Member of the Expert Committee on Artificial Intelligence at the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine.
Regional Business Development Manager, Risk and Compliance, CIS, Refinitiv (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
Compliance and Data Protection Officer of Ukraine International Airlines (UIA)
Legal and Compliance Advisor, Legal Department HEINEKEN Russia
Senior Compliance Officer CEE Region, Carlsberg Group
Chief Compliance Officer Posti Group “Itella Russia”
Director, Risk Management Consulting Department, Forensic “KPMG Ukraine”
Director of Legal Affairs “Carrier Refrigeration Rus” (Carrier Commercial Refrigeration)
- PACKAGE “EARLY BIRD” – SOLD OUT!
- PACKAGE “STANDARD” – SOLD OUT!
- PACKAGE “LATE BIRD” – 150 EUR (When registering and paying from April 21 to May 20)
(!) special offer: 1 + 1 = 3